sponsored by Aspetar
Abstracts submitted in the area of football (soccer) research in the presentation format oral and mini-oral may opt in to apply for the Excellence in Football Research Award sponsored by Aspetar during the abstract submission process of the congress.
The aim of the ‘Excellence in Football Research Award” is to attract and support novel, applied research projects with relevance to football (soccer). Although this does not exclude basic science studies, the award is aimed at stimulating more research on applied science with potential applications to the football pitch. There is no age limit and all scientists can compete for this prize.
- ECSS membership
- Paid congress registration fee
- There is no age limit and all scientists can compete for this prize. The top 5 projects will receive the “Excellence in Football Research Award”
- The research has relevance to football (soccer). Research areas could be related, but not limited to, performance, training & recovery methods, injury prevention, mental preparation, effect of football training/playing on health, etc.
- Applicants must be at least MSc students
- Previous prize winners are eligible to take part in subsequent competitions
- The work is original and has not been published, or accepted for publication, at the time of the abstract submission deadline
- Abstract quality
- The presentation (oral) has been carefully prepared, using appropriate and high quality visual means and is well organized/structured
- High quality of oral presentation
- The background and rationale for the study is clearly described
- The methodology is well described, the statistical analysis appropriate and the data are solid
- The presenter justifies the conclusions based on the data and the relevant literature
- There is a clear take home message at the end
- The work is advancing current knowledge
All abstracts will be reviewed by two independent experts in the field to be nominated by the ECSS. A third reviewer will be an expert scientist in the field representing the sponsor.
- Dr. James Morton, Liverpool John Moores University, GRB
- Prof. Per Aagaard, University of Southern Denmark, DEN
- Dr. George Nassis, Aspetar, QAT
- Abstracts submitted in the area of football (soccer) research in the presentation format oral and mini-oral may opt in to apply for the Excellence in Football Research Award
- Among all applications the top 5 will be go on to the final round
- The 5 finalist will present their work during the congress in front of the panel
- The panel will need to come to a mutual decision about the best candidate and winner of the Excellence in Football Research Award
- The winners will be awarded during the opening ceremony of the congress
- Winner: 2.500 €
- 2nd and 3rd: 500 €