Please note that all deadlines refer to the Central European Time (CET).
How do I register?
- To register for the 20th Annual Congress of the ECSS you will be asked to create your ECSS account, first. However, the creation of your ECSS account does not mean you are registered yet. Entering your ECSS account you will be able to submit your abstract and pay your registration fee online.
- Once you have paid your registration fee you have successfully registered for the congress.
- During the congress registration process you also have the chance to become an ECSS member 2015.
In which category should I register?
- The congress registration categories are divided into ECSS Member 2015 and ECSS Student Member 2015. Furthermore Non ECSS Members or Non ECSS Student Members have the chance to become a member of the ECSS (registration including membership: RM) during the registration process or register only for the congress (only registration: OR). Please make sure to choose your registration category carefully!
How can I pay my registration fee?
- Please pay your congress registration fee within your ECSS account. Payments will be possible online via VisaCard, MasterCard, American Express and Maestro only.
- To print your payment invoice (before the payment) or the payment receipt (after conducting the payment) at any time, please access your ECSS account. Once you are logged in to your ECSS account, please scroll down. Underneath your account details, there is a section containing your congress data. If you have paid your congress registration fee you are able to click on 'congress payment receipt'.
How do I know that I successfully registered?
- You will be able to check your registration status within your ECSS account anytime.
When is the registration deadline?
- Deadline for registration for presenting authors is 1st May 2015. Congress participants, that are not presenting will be able to register until 24th of June 2015.
How can I cancel my registration?
Please note: For written cancellations received before 31st May 2015 the cancellation fee is 100,- EUR. Thereafter no refund will be paid on the registration fees. The post-congress tours have separate cancellation policy. For terms of cancellation for the post-tours please refer to the tour section. The same applies for the hotel reservation, they have a different cancellation policy.
How do I apply for visa? How do I obtain an invitation letter?
How do I submit an abstract?
- enter/create your ECSS account
- go to “myCongress data administration”
- submit your abstract following the link “Send an abstract” (we accept only online abstract submissions!)
- preview and confirm the abstract you intend to submit
- receive your notification about acceptance in your ECSS account on the 1st of April 2015
- pay your registration fee before the 1st of May 2015 – abstracts will be deleted in those accounts not paid
- edit your personal details if needed
- check your registration status
- print your Invoice/Receipt/Letter of acceptance/Letter of presentation from your ECSS account
Your registration will only be c o m p l e t e d by p a y m e n t of registration fee.
When is the deadline for submitting an abstract?
- The deadline for abstract submission is 15th February 2015.
What are the submission criteria?
- Please find detailed information on the abstract submission here.
How many abstracts am I allowed to submit?
- An author may submit a maximum of one abstract as first author. It is possible to appear as co-author on other abstracts.
How do I know that I successfully submitted my abstract?
- You will be able to check your abstract submission status within your ECSS account anytime.
Will my abstract be published?
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the proceedings of the 20th Annual Congress of the ECSS, preconditioned the first author of the abstract is registered and has paid congress registration fee.
What are the presentation formats and is there a time limit for the presentations?
Oral presentation format is PowerPoint. Oral presentation time will be 10 minutes plus 5 minutes of discussion. Oral presentations must be pre-uploaded in the Speakers Ready Room one day in advance of your presentation (Wednesday morning for presentations on Wednesday afternoon). The use of your own laptop or USB is permitted.
Mini-Oral presentation requires the pre-upload of a PowerPoint presentation in pdf format (4 slides only) in landscape (horizontal). The presentation time is 2 minutes plus 2 minutes Questions and Answers. The PowerPoint presentation in pdf format must be pre-uploaded right in advance of the congress via your ECSS account (deadline 15th of June 2015). For more information on pdf upload please click here. At the same time the PowerPoint presentation in pdf format will be made available online and on screen at the 20th annual congress of the ECSS in Malmö.
The format requires pre-upload of an e-poster in pdf format (one slide only) in landscape (horizontal). The e-poster must be pre-uploaded right in advance of the congress via your ECSS account (deadline 15th of June 2015). For more information on e-poster upload please click here. Abstracts accepted in this format will be published in the Book of Abstracts of the ECSS Malmö 2015 congress. At the same time the e-poster will be made available online and on screen at the 20th annual congress of the ECSS in Malmö.
E-poster and Mini-Oral submission opens 15th of May 2015.
Why am I not in my preferred presentation category?
- The author may state preference for the type of presentation (oral or e-poster). The final decision however lies upon the Scientific Committees and is also due to the settings of the Scientific Programme.
Is it possible to present a colleagues’ abstract as a substitute?
- The submitted abstract must be presented at the congress by the first author.
Young Investigator Awards
What is the YIA?
- One of the key objectives of the ECSS is the promotion of junior scientists and the fostering of state-of-the-art research. For this purpose the ECSS together with Mars Inc. established the Young Investigators Award (YIA). The YIA is granted with generous cash prices to support up-coming junior scientists, who present outstanding scientific work at the annual ECSS congresses in both oral and e-poster competitions.
Are there any requirements to participate in the YIA?
- To successfully apply for the YIA, please meet all YIA requirements listed here.
What are the YIA participating regulations?
- Please find detailed information on the participating regulations here.
How do I apply for the YIA?
- You will be able to choose to apply for the YIA within your abstract submission process.
What are the YIA reviewing criteria?
- Please find the YIA reviewing criteria here.
How do I know that my YIA application is successful?
- Once you have applied for the YIA, you will be able to check your YIA application status in your ECSS account anytime.
Why have I been rejected as a YIA applicant?
- If your YIA application has been rejected, we very much regret that you have not fulfilled the YIA criteria. However, please note that your abstract then underwent the reviewing process for non-YIA abstracts. We hope to welcome you as an ECSS member and congress participant at 20th Annual Congress of the European College of Sport Science – ECSS Malmö 2015.
My way around Malmö
Where is the congress centre
- Clarion Hotel & Congress Malmö Live, Sweden
Where are the hotels?
- Please find possible hotels in Malmö through the congress website - here. There are also alternative accommodation option available for you.
How do I make my hotel reservation?
- You are able to book your hotel through the congress website - here.
Can ECSS book hotels for me?
- The ECSS does not book hotels for the participants.
After ECSS Malmö 2015
How do I get my ECSS Congress payment receipt?
- You can access your ECSS account through the Login section to the website. Once you are logged in to your ECSS account, please scroll down. Underneath your account details, there is a section containing your congress data. If you have paid your congress registration fee you are able to click on 'congress payment receipt'.
- Please NOTE: The receipt is only available until the 1st of September 2015.
How do I receive a confirmation of participation?
- Please access your ECSS account through the Login section to the website. Once you are logged in to your ECSS account, please scroll down to 'myCongress data administration'. After the congress you will be able to click on 'letter of attendance'.
- Please NOTE: The receipt is only available until the 1st September 2015.