To successfully apply for the YIA 2016 all requirements must be met within the requested deadlines!
- You paid your ECSS Membership 2016 and became an ECSS Student Member 2016 or ECSS Member 2016: before 15th February 2016
- You submitted only one paper as first author for participation in the YIA 2016: before 15th February 2016
- You are 32 years of age or younger at the time of ECSS Vienna 2016 (born after 9th July 1983)
- You are a student or PhD student at a university or graduate less than 2 years after your PhD
- As previous YIA winner, you do not take part in the same category again (oral/mini-oral)
- You paid your registration fee for ECSS Vienna 2016: before 1st May 2016
- There will be no extension of the deadline for YIA applications, regardless of a potential extension of the abstract submission deadline
- To track your YIA application status, please log on to your ECSS Account
- Abstract submission will only be accepted online
- Incomplete YIA applications will not be considered for the YIA**
- Application is only possible in the presentation formats oral and mini-oral
*The YIA Verification Form 2016 should be verified by an authorized person (Head of Institute) in the YIA applicants department who should also certify that the YIA applicant has made an independent and reasonable contribution to the work submitted for presentation.
**Please note, that YIA Verification Forms 2016 sent in or ECSS Memberships 2016 paid after the 15th February 2016 will not be considered.