Abstracts submitted in the area of nutrition in the presentation format oral or mini-oral may opt in to apply for the GSSI Nutrition Award during the abstract submission process.
The Gatorade Sport Science Institut (GSSI) is the Official ECSS Sports Performance Hydration and Nutrition Platinum Partner. With this award GSSI is promoting research in the field of nutrition and hydration.
• ECSS membership (paid by 28th February 2018)
• Paid congress registration fee (paid by 28th February 2018)
• There is no age limit and all scientists can compete for this award
• The research has relevance to nutrition and hydration
• Previous prize winners are eligible to take part in subsequent competitions
• The work is original and has not been published, or accepted for publication, at the time of the abstract submission deadline
• Employees of GSSI are ineligible to enter the GSSI Nutrition Award
• Research that is directly funded by GSSI is not eligible for entry to the respective award
• Previous winners of GSSI Award cannot apply to the same competition in the future years
• In applying for GSSI Nutrition Award it is possible to apply for the YIA award at the same time. Whilst this will allow you 2 chances to win a prize, only one prize will be awarded.
• Abstract quality
• The presentation (oral) has been carefully prepared, using appropriate and high quality visual means and is well organized/structured
• High quality of oral presentation
• The background and rationale for the study is clearly described
• The methodology is well described, the statistical analysis appropriate and the data are solid
• The presenter justifies the conclusions based on the data and the relevant literature
• There is a clear take home message at the end
• The work is advancing current knowledge
All abstracts will be reviewed by two independent experts in the field to be nominated by the ECSS. A third reviewer will be an expert scientist in the field representing the sponsor.
1. Abstracts submitted in the topic of nutrition in the presentation format oral and mini-oral may opt in to apply for the Nutrition Award
2. Among all applications the top 5 will be go on to the final round
3. The 5 finalist will present their work during the congress in front of the panel
4. The panel will need to come to a mutual decision about the best candidate and winner of the GSSI Nutrition Award
5. The winner will be awarded during the congress
• 1st Place: 3.000 €
• 2nd Place: 1.500 €
• 3rd Place: 500 €