For the first time in ECSS history, and to commemorate the ECSS Congress’s 25th Silver Anniversary, the ECSS and the Seville Host University – Universidad Pablo de Olavide have decided to give the congress a mascot. The congress mascot will welcome participants, add to the excitement surrounding the congress and communicate the values of the congress and the ECSS vision.
We are looking for you to design the ECSS 2020 congress mascot. Your mascot should meet the following criteria:
- the mascot should ideally be an animal that can be found in the local region, or one that has a strong affiliation with the local people, be that in folklore, culture or social importance;
- the mascot needs to be given a name - something local and catchy;
- the congress logo must be visible;
- your design has to be created by you and may not have been used elsewhere before;
- your design has not been shared publicly, especially social media.
The winner will have their design as one of the centrepieces of the congress with participant and press exposure. The winner will receive an award certification and one free ECSS membership for one year, which allows for, amongst many rewarding benefits, a reduced registration fee for the ECSS Congress Seville 2020.
To enter, simply create your mascot by drawing the mascot in the following 4 poses;
- welcoming/greeting someone;
- giving a presentation;
- with the digits “25”, celebrating the 25 Silver Anniversary of the ECSS Congress.
Submit the 4 drawings together with a summary of no more than 200 words, explaining the idea and features of the mascot and its name and why it is the best mascot for Seville.
A high-level panel will judge the designs and select the winning design in the new year.
Examples of mascots: